Definition and collection of personal information
“Personal Information” means information through which, by itself or by reference to other information, a person can be identified (name, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, profile photo, etc.). The Personal Information may be collected by the Company through direct or indirect interactions between the Company and users, such as user registrations, inquiries, and other usage of the Service and other services developed by the Company (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Company’s Services”). We may also obtain the Personal Information by making audio and video recordings of conversations and preserving chat histories, etc.
Personal information management
We will keep the Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. In order to prevent illegal access, loss, damage, falsification, or leakage of the Personal Information, we take necessary measures including maintenance of security systems, establishment of management systems, and implementation of employee education, etc.
Purpose of using personal information
We will not use the Personal Information we collect for any purpose other than the following:
- Operation and provision of the Company’s Services
- Billing, refunding, payment, and so on of Service Fee, etc. and related processing
- Improvement of the Company’s Services and development of new services
- Provision of information and distribution of ads related to the Company’s Services to users
- Response to inquiries and consultation from users
- Creation of statistical data that cannot identify specific individuals
- SMS authentication for identification of users
- Provision to other users to suggest conversations using the Service with a particular user
- Various surveys, analysis, and marketing related to the above purposes of use
The Service may require users to provide following information to run the Service properly and comfortably: email address (encrypted), password (encrypted), phone number, IP address, country, local time-zone, user photo, gender, language speaking level, conversation topics, history of conversation (optional), and conversation schedule (optional). Each content should be appropriate for the purpose of the Service - conversation. Users may not pretend to be another person or attempt to harm people. Any improper contents will be deleted or nullified without warning in advance. If you find any improper use of your Personal Information by a third party, please notify us by email described at the very bottom of this Policy.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties; prohibition of provision
We will manage the Personal Information we receive in an appropriate manner and will not disclose it to any third party (except for contractors) unless the user agrees to that effect or the Personal Information Protection Law of Japan and other relevant laws and regulations allow us to do so.
Consignment of personal information
In order to facilitate our operations and provide better services to our customers, we may outsource the handling of the Personal Information to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed in “PURPOSE OF USING PERSONAL INFORMATION”.
Personal information security measures
We ensure to take appropriate security measures to guarantee the accuracy and security of your Personal Information, including encryption as necessary.
In accordance with applicable laws and relevant procedure, Users may request us to disclose, refer, amend, or erase their Personal Information upon our confirmation of their identity.
Purpose of using cookies
To improve the convenience of users
- We also use a chat bot provided by Zendesk, Inc. for the inquiry form of the Service, and we use Zendesk’s cookies for user inquiries. For more information about Zendesk, please refer to “USE OF ZENDESK” on this page.
To understand the usage status
- For this analysis, we use Google Analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, please refer to “USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS” on this page.
Advertising distribution using cookies
Management and disabling of cookies
The user can disable cookies by changing the browser settings of PC, tablet, or smartphone being used. You can also delete cookies that have been saved. Please note, however, that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use some of the functions of our website and the Service. For instructions on how to change your browser settings, please refer to the website of your browser provider.
Use of Stripe
Use of Twilio
Use of Google Analytics
The Service has integrated the component of Google Analytics to analyze usage status. Google Analytics is a web analytics service to collect, gather, and analyze data about the behavior of visitors to the Service. It never includes any identifying information in the data, and all those may be owned by Google Inc. To learn more detail about Google Analytics, visit the below URLs accordingly provided by Google Inc.
Use of Sentry
We are constantly improving and developing our Service to provide our users with the best possible customer experience. Therefore, for cases of unexpected errors, we use Sentry, an error tracking tool from Functional Software Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Sentry”). To improve the accessibility and technical stability of our Service, we send minimum data about errors to Functional Software Inc., and Functional Software Inc. turns back us to analyze the errors. To learn more detail about Sentry, visit the below URL accordingly provided by Functional Software Inc.
Use of Zendesk
The inquiry form of the Service uses a chat bot provided by Zendesk, Inc. When a user makes an inquiry, Zendesk’s cookies, web beacons, and other information collection technologies are used to collect the content of the inquiry, user name, and e-mail address along with the user’s access information to Zendesk. Users can also contact the Company through Facebook message or e-mail (addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), all of which are also linked to Zendesk, and Zendesk will collect your inquiry, user name, and e-mail address regardless of which method you use. The Company receives information about users, their inquiries, and responses to them from Zendesk; to learn more detail about Zendesk, visit the below URL accordingly provided by Zendesk, Inc.
Compliance with laws, ordinances, and standards and revision
To adhere to the laws, regulations and other standards adopted by Japan and other relevant jurisdictions with regard to the protection of the Personal Information, the Company will review the contents of this Policy from time to time and make efforts for improvement. We may revise this Policy, which will become effective when made available on our website.
For contents and information about our Service, please visit our website.
For all inquiries concerning the Company’s handling of the Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files saved on your device when you access a web page.
Cookies or cookie include text files saved on your device when you access a web page and all electronic files saved using similar technology (including web beacons). Cookies can be broadly divided into the following types, but are not limited to these types.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for enabling browsing between our websites, secure page access, and usage of the features on the website. These cookies are issued by us. Blocking these cookies may cause the website to stop functioning properly.
2. Performance Measurement and Functionality Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites—for instance, which pages you go to most and how long. These cookies are issued by us. Additionally, cookies may also be issued by third party partners and used by them to collect and use data. Data collected by these cookies help improve your user experience on this service—for instance, helping you to find the information you need more easily.
2. Cookies Collection
User data recorded in cookies for the usage of this service are collected in the following methods.
- Collection during the usage and browsing of this service and services provided by our partners or third parties.
- Indirect collection from our partners or third parties.
3. Data collected through Cookies
When the user utilizes or browses this service or services provided by our partners or third parties, we automatically receive and record the following data (hereafter referred to as “collected data”) collected by the Cookies described in 1.1 to 1.3 of this policy to our server.
- Data about your device, such as device type, OS, and Advertising Identifiers (1.1, 1.2, 1.3 Cookies)
- Data regarding your network connection, such as your IP address (1.1, 1.2, 1.3 Cookies)
- Data about usage statistics such as referrer and browsed pages as well as time stamps that record date and time (1.1, 1.2, 1.3 Cookies)
- Geolocation data (1.2 and 1.3 Cookies)
4. Purpose of Collected Data Through Cookies
We use the Cookies described in 1.1 to 1.3 of this policy and the data collected by them for the following purposes.
- For enabling the features on this service and website (1.1 Cookies)
- For improving the user experience on this service and website (1.2 Cookies)
- For advertising and promoting our group and third parties (1.3 Cookies)
5. Usage of Collected Data Through Cookies
1. Personal Information Collected through Cookies Issued by us
Information Collected through Cookies Issued by third parties
1. Change Cookie Settings
You may block the usage of cookies or change your browser settings to delete the cookies stored on your device. However, blocking the usage of cookies may prevent you from utilizing the full functionalities of this service.